We continue to share updates about the impact that this program is having on our main program page here.
Who Are Our Community Restaurants?
Here are some sample meals provided by our restaurant partners:
- Tawasol [Yemeni, 04-2959797]: Chicken mandi (melt-in-your-mouth roasted chicken) with rice, lentil soup, leafy greens.
- Qwaider Al Nabulsi [Jordanian-Palestinian, 04-2277760]: Maklooba rice with chicken, salad, yogurt with cucumbers.
- Al Ammor [Egyptian, 04-2500115]: Chicken potato tagine, rice, salad, soup, dates, yoghurt.
- Biryani Culture [Indian, 056-9883080]: Biryani, apple, dates, yogurt, laban and water.
- Sind Punjab [Indian, 04-3525058]: Chicken biryani, pakodas, jalebis and soft drink.
- Ravi’s in Satwa [Pakistani, 04-3315454]: Chicken tikka, biryani rice, gravy, salad, chutney, laban, sweet, water.
- Hot Palayok [Philipino, 04-2219797, *temporarily closed as of now*]: Chicken tinola soup, ensaladang talong (salad), jasmine rice, beef kare kare, buko pandan, banana, juice, water.
We’d also love if you called them directly and ordered their delicious food to support them during the current crisis. Don’t use delivery apps because they charge hefty commissions to the restaurants which are already hurting right now. Some of the above restaurants may have delivery minimums based on your area but it’s always worth calling to check. Every little bit counts!
Which Neighbours Receive Your Gift?
There is no denying that the COVID-19 storm has affected us all. Some more than others. As restaurants struggle to keep their kitchens running, there are also those, amongst us, who would benefit most from the comfort of a wholesome meal:
- Community members who are suffering from the loss of work, reduction in salary or forced, unpaid leave.
- Job seekers who are marooned in the city, far from their family and loved ones.
- Flat mates who run the risk of contamination through shared kitchen spaces.
- Breadwinners who can no longer afford to support their families back home.
And then there are those of you who are itching to be heroes but don’t know where to begin.
If only there was a way to connect your desire to make a difference with restaurants that need support and neighbors who need one less meal to fret over.
What if we told you, we have you covered?
Know a Neighbour in Need?
Tell us how we can reach them by clicking here. We’ll do our best to set them up with the #stayhome Tour Tiffin. We’re currently only offering the service in limited locations but hope to expand as we iron out logistics.
We’d like to thank our website and booking portal providers ezTix
for working with us to keep all processing costs to a minimum for this program.