Shop and lunch at the largest indoor fish and vegetable market in Dubai with our founders' very lovable mother, a 40+ year UAE veteran!
- Shop at the largest indoor (air-conditioned!) fish and vegetable market in Dubai with our founders’ very lovable and chatty mother. She’s not only a fantastic cook, curious eater and no-mess market haggler, but also a full-blown Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist with 30+ years of experience.
- Kids are not just welcome, we encourage you to bring them along! Our mum instilled a love of nutritious ingredients in us from the start, and we believe visiting markets is a great way for kids to appreciate and love their food.
- Learn how to select the best produce the way mums do—how do you know if a melon is sweet? Or if an eggplant is too seedy? Or if a lemon is the right squeezy kind? Mum will share her secrets!
- Get wiser about selecting fresh fish and prawns and learn about a few delicious varieties that are easy to prepare.
- Visit stalls that sell eggs, pickles and ghee made on local farms—and learn how to check if your crate has a rotten egg!
- Taste the wide variety of dates and bag the most prized ones at prices you won’t find elsewhere in the city.
- Enjoy the freshest seafood picked, cleaned and cooked at the market for lunch. Veggie alternatives available too!
Shop at the Fish Market
Learn about the extensive local and imported seafood at the market and get expert tips on how to detect the freshness of the catch. We will select our favourite fish and shellfish to be cleaned and cooked at the market for lunch.
Tour the Fruit & Vegetable Market
Soak up the vibrant produce on the display as you get expert tips on how to cherry pick the best eggplants, lemons and more. Taste the different types of dates on offer and visit stalls that sell produce from local farms.
Enjoy Lunch at the Market
Roll up your sleeves for a lunch featuring the fresh seafood that our group selected at the market and cooked to order. Veggie options are available and include either rice and mixed veg or veg noodles.
All prices below include 5% VAT and all the food and water that the guide orders for the group on the tour. Soft beverages are not included.
We offer 2 ticket types. The non-refundable ticket may not be changed/refunded for any reason once booked.
On public tours, the flex ticket may be either (a) rescheduled or (b) refunded minus a 35 AED cancellation fee per ticket, anytime up to an hour before the tour commences. Within an hour of the tour start time, no changes are possible on a flex ticket.
- Non-refundable option: AED 367.5 per person
- Flex option: AED 404.25 per person
Rates per private group based on group size below:
6 guests or fewer – AED 3056
7 guests – AED 3484
8 guests – AED 3982
9 guests – AED 4480
10 guests – AED 4893
11 guests – AED 5382
12 guests – AED 5871
Refund/Rescheduling Policy on Private Tours:
On private tours, all tickets may be fully refunded or rescheduled up until 21 days before the tour date. Within less than 21 days of the tour date and up to 7 days before the tour date, the tour may either (a) be rescheduled for a fee of AED 25% of the original group ticket price paid or (b) partially refunded (70% of total price paid). Only one date reschedule possible per private group booking, depending on availability.
In the case of reductions in the group size, the same refund policy as above applies. A full refund will be offered for group size reductions made up until 21 days before the tour date. Within less than 21 days of the tour date and up to 7 days before the tour date, group size reductions will be partially refunded (70% of the difference.)
Within 7 days of the tour start date, no changes are possible.
If gift cards or gifted tickets have been used for any portion of the private tour booking, any full or partial refunds due will be made to the original gift card or gifted ticket.
As an example, if the tour is on the 25th of November:
- Full refunds/free rescheduling is possible up until the 4th of November only (= 25th Nov minus 21 days)
- Between the 5th of November and 17th of November ( = 25th Nov – 7 days), the partial refund/pay-to-reschedule policy applies.
- 18th November onwards, no changes would be possible.
Yes, we do have veggie options for lunch! If you prefer to not visit the fish market section, you can always roam around the rest of the market and we can give you a call when we’re entering the fruit and veg section.
Your best bet is to drive or take a taxi. There’s free underground parking available at the market.
Earphones with a 3.5mm jack for the portable audio system that helps you hear the guide clearly. You can also purchase these while booking the tour.
Extra tote bags if you plan to shop! We will provide one small tote bag per person at the start of the tour.
Please don’t carry anything too heavy as we will be walking. If you plan to purchase edible souvenirs during the tour, please make sure to carry both cash/your credit card.
Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) have a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. In most cases, nuts, lactose and gluten may be in the foods featured on our experiences and there is a risk of cross-contamination. If you have a serious allergy, we recommend contacting us at email@example.com prior to purchasing tickets to enable us to advise you if our tours are suitable for you.
Yes, the market has clean toilet facilities on site.
At this time, the tour is only offered in English.
This tour is indoors, so we’ll continue as normal!
Yes, advance ticket purchase is required through this website.
Gratuities are always appreciated but are not mandatory.
Please note that our tour routes and featured stops, including restaurants and other establishments, are subject to change. These changes can occur due to unforeseen circumstances such as lack of availability, closures or operational adjustments at any of our planned locations. In the event of such changes, our team will adapt the tour to offer a comparable experience. However, we do not offer refunds due to these alterations, as they are beyond our control. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, and are committed to ensuring you have a delightful and memorable experience with us.
Please click here for our complete list of terms and conditions.
Other Tours You May Like