Get the scoop on 6 frozen treats across Dubai that are way cooler than plain Jane vanilla.
- Unleash your inner child with frozen treats across Palestine, Japan, India, Thailand and Indonesia.
- Get chilly with a chilli-spiked ice cream that will transport you to the delicious streets of South East Asia.
- Decide whether you’re in the cool camp that appreciates potato chips in your icy dessert cup.
- Watch your ice cream being pounded to a stretchy pulp, with a musical soundtrack to boot!
- Get access to our insider’s “frozen guidebook” with our favourite spots, including the 6 places on the tour and many more to try later.
This tour is part of our #Sufra program of limited edition experiences that go beyond our regular food tours. Under #Sufra, we explore exciting specialty feasts, uncharted culinary routes and contrasting food cultures in the U.A.E. We welcome both residents and visitors to join!
Cool your sunburned soul this summer with a Dubai ice cream tour that features 6 frozen treats across Bur Dubai, Karama and Jumeirah 1.
This icy cool tour licks its way through Palestine, Japan, India, Thailand and Indonesia. Board the bus that will take us through 6 stops, each showcasing a unique frozen flavour or culinary technique that goes beyond the typical scoop on the street. Encounter unusual toppings ranging from chilli powder to potato chips. Learn about the love story of ingredients behind the perfect frozen happy ending to a meal. And receive our insider’s “frozen guidebook” that includes the tour route as well as other spots to try on your own.
This experience is best suited to taste buds that can withstand sub-zero temperatures and copious amounts of sugar and dairy at 6 consecutive spots.
Please note that the tour begins and ends in different locations. The meeting point is at the Bur Juman Metro (exit 2) while the ending point is in Jumeirah 1 where there is no metro within walking distance, but taxis will be available.
If you plan to drive or take a taxi, please budget extra time for traffic and parking.
Those coming from Barsha, Marina, Palm Jumeirah and other locations further away from the start point should plan for traffic/metro delays.
#Sufra refers to our program of limited edition experiences that go beyond our regular food tours. It includes food walks along new routes, taste battles to find the ‘Best of…” something delicious in the city, culinary road trips and more. Our team is constantly researching and collaborating with the broader food community, so that you can savour unique foods, cultures and communities nurtured in Dubai and the neighbouring Emirates.
Yes, we welcome all residents and visitors! Anyone can join by booking the listed #Sufra events on our calendar.
Yes! Some experiences do have a minimum or maximum group size limit. In most cases, we would be happy to adapt an existing #Sufra event for your private party or corporate team.
Here’s how, and if any one or more of these distinguishing features resonate with you, then you’re our perfect #Sufra guest:
- Stronger community focus – You’re eager to connect with other intellectually curious members of our community, over a common passion for food, culture and exploration.
- More dynamic and collaborative – You’d rather be involved in discussions moderated by a Sufra host, rather than being “guided on a tour;” you leave the event knowing that the dialogues you had within the group added richness to the experience.
- More fringe discoveries – You already know the not-so-secret “hidden gems” in the city; you’re looking to access those cultures, conversations and experiences that are rarely on the mainstream radar. They’re either reserved to a few cultural circles or are often discovered only by people with special insider access, e.g. journalists.
- Less structured, more fluid – You simply want to have a fun, not overly planned outing with like-minded people who love food!