Dubai is a city with such incredible culinary contrast that it’s easy to get lost in the sea of mainstream or touristy options and leave without having tasted what makes the city unique. On each of our tours, we’ll decode those humble dishes which you must try in order to feel grounded in the city and appreciate its oldest communities. We’ll take you through doors that only locals know of and transport you beyond the food with our stories, knowledge and insider secrets of the city.
We've Pioneered Food Tours in Dubai Since 2013
Our 2 to 4 hour food tasting tours showcase a side of Dubai that we’ve cherished growing up here, but that few tourists and expats ever experience.
- You’ll sense our deep passion and childhood nostalgia of Dubai come through on our food tours not only because we’re certified Dubai guides, but because we’ve grown up here.
- We don’t do heavily scripted tours. We keep things interactive and love when our guests ask us questions so that we can talk about topics in Dubai that feel most interesting and relevant to the group.
- You’ll experience places and foods that we take our own family and visitors to, not where we have a vested interest. We don’t take commissions or ask for discounts from restaurants, we pay them fairly and in full.
- You’ll have a guide who is as friendly and articulate as the culture conscious globe-trotters that we’re blessed to serve. As a past guest described our tours, our guides are not “super scripted, but genuine and professional.”
- You won’t be inflicted with touristy gimmicks like camel meat burgers on our tours. (Camel meat is delicious, but traditionally it is slow cooked and served with rice, not inside a bun)
- You’ll be choosing tours that the official Dubai Tourism board chooses for visiting journalists and TV crews from around the world—for all the reasons listed above and more!
Resident for a few or many years? Keep reading – the choice of tour really depends on what you’re looking to experience!
If you’re looking for a tour that’s exclusively food and no sightseeing, then we recommend our Middle Eastern Food Pilgrimage and Little India (private request only) food tours. These are 3.5-4 hour food tasting experiences combined with culture and storytelling across 3 to 4 eating stops.
If you seek a blend of food and sightseeing, the Dubai Souks and Creekside Food Walk is for you. In addition to tasting eclectic foods from some of the older communities around the creekside, you will discover hidden alleys, learn about spices, take a boat ride and soak in vibrant sights and aromas. It’s also our only tour that includes indigenous Emirati food. The overall food component is slightly lighter than the Middle Eastern Food Pilgrimage and Little India Food Tour in terms of food offered, but we guarantee you will not walk away hungry!
If you’re a vegetarian, you will have more options on the Dubai Souks and Creekside Food Walk, Old Dubai Quickie Snacking Tour and Little India Food Tour and the . The Middle Eastern Food Pilgrimage does feature a non-veg main course that cannot be substituted.
Short on time? Or have kids between 4 and 10 years? Our 2 hour Old Dubai Quickie Snacking Tour is the one to go with! You get to roam through the vibrant Deira Spice Souk, peek into the Gold Souk to witness the ‘Godzilla ring,’ play a fun game in the souk and enjoy 5 delicious snacks that appeal to most adults and children (there’s fresh bread and chocolate too!) We’ll finish the tour steps away from the creek where you can take an old school boat (abra) ride across the water after the tour if you like! Just one thing though — we don’t feature hummus, falafels and other beloved foods of the Middle East (Levant specifically) on this tour because they simply aren’t available in this neighborhood which has grown up on Indian and Iranian flavours. If you’re looking to indulge in that cuisine, you’re better off on our Middle Eastern Food Pilgrimage.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor who’s trying to cherry pick the “must-do’s” for your Dubai itinerary or you’re a long-time Dubai resident who’s heard about our tours but not convinced they’ll show you anything new, let’s connect over a face-to-face call. Please select a time here that works for you with one of the original Frying Pan sisters, Arva, and she’d be happy to share more about Dubai, our tours, and go over any specific questions you might have.
If you can’t find a time that works for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll schedule a call that works for you.
Join a Small Group Public Tour or an Exclusively Private One
Here's What Our Past Guests Are Saying
Here's What Our Past Guests Are Saying
Discover Old Dubai Your Own With Our
Thrilling Scavenger Hunt Game or Digital Tour Publications
Gift a Food Tour
An unforgettable gift for that loved one with a curious appetite.
Get Local Insider Info on Dubai's Authentic Food
Check out our blog for tips on what to eat, ideas for delicious souvenirs, food stories from our podcast and more.