Join our signature Dubai food tour featuring the best Palestinian falafels, Arabic baklava, traditional Iraqi dishes and more!
- Feast on dishes of Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Syria; of course we’ll check off falafels and hummus too!
- Join an experience that feels less like a tour and more like a dinner party with about 10 to 14 well-traveled and culture seeking guests.
- Hear stories of Middle Eastern food, culture and communities from a resident guide who is knowledgeable and passionate about the region.
- Visit restaurants where the staff treat us less like ‘customers’ and more like old friends and family.
- Meet like-minded travelers and even residents who are looking for an authentic experience far away from the touristy clichés.
- Immerse yourself in food traditions of the region, such as learning the intricate art of serving coffee.
- Visit places where old timers shop for baklava, Arabic cookies and other delicious export-friendly souvenirs.
- **Jun-mid Sept tours: Summer tours are shortened by one stop to reduce the walking and to make them more summer-friendly.
Meet & Greet
Meet our friendly food tour guide steps away from the Al Rigga Metro station in Deira (on the Diva Gents Salon side of the road).
Corner Falafel Cafeteria
Design your own falafel sandwich using delicious ‘stuffed’ falafels and all the trimmings: hummus, fried eggplant and cauliflower, three kinds of sauces and pickles.
Sample a sweet cheese pastry made just for us, fresh off the fire. This decadent pie is topped with crunchy noodles and pistachios. (G/N/D)
Experience the timeless customs of local Arabic coffee or ‘gahwa’ with a pressed date cookie and pistachio ‘cookies and cream’. Mixed boxes of baklava and Arabic cookies also available for purchase. (G/N/D)
Visit a popular Syrian eatery for a popular meaty snack and for our vegetarian guests, we’ll bring out freshly baked za’atar and cheese flatbreads.
**Not featured during Jun-Aug.
Partake of ancient Iraqi culinary customs with a traditional wood-fire smoked Iraqi fish* (F) OR kebabs* (M).
*Food selection varies based on group size.
Allergens Key: Contains G-Gluten; D-Dairy; N-Nuts; M-Meat (Beef/Lamb); P-Poultry; F-Fish; S-Shellfish. We regret that there may not be substitutes for dishes. Even if specific dishes do not contain these ingredients, we cannot guarantee against cross-contamination of allergens in the restaurant kitchens.
All prices below include 5% VAT and all the food and water that the guide orders for the group on the tour. Soft beverages are not included.
We offer 2 ticket types. The non-refundable ticket may not be changed/refunded for any reason once booked.
On public tours, the flex ticket may be either (a) rescheduled or (b) refunded minus a 35 AED cancellation fee per ticket, anytime up to an hour before the tour commences. Within an hour of the tour start time, no changes are possible on a flex ticket.
- Non-refundable option: AED 435 per person
- Flex option: AED 478.50 per person
Rates per private group based on group size below:
6 guests or fewer – AED 3056
7 guests – AED 3484
8 guests – AED 3982
9 guests – AED 4480
10 guests – AED 4893
11 guests – AED 5382
12 guests – AED 5871
Refund/Rescheduling Policy on Private Tours:
- 21 days or more before tour date: All tickets may be fully refunded or rescheduled.
- 8 to 21 days before tour date: Tour may either (a) be rescheduled for a fee of AED 25% of the original group ticket price paid or (b) partially refunded (70% of total price paid).
- 7 or less days before tour date: No changes possible.
- Only one date reschedule possible per private group booking, depending on availability.
- In the case of reductions in the group size, the same refund policy as above applies. A full refund 21 days or more before tour date; partial refund (70% of the difference) 8 to 21 days before tour date; no changes 7 days or less before tour date.
- If gift cards or gifted tickets have been used for any portion of the private tour booking, any full or partial refunds due will be made to the original gift card or gifted ticket.
As an example, if the tour is on the 25th of November:
- Full refunds/free rescheduling is possible up until the 4th of November only (= 25th Nov minus 21 days)
- Between the 5th of November and 17th of November ( = 25th Nov – 7 days), the partial refund/pay-to-reschedule policy applies.
- 18th November onwards, no changes would be possible.
For Children in Private Tour Groups:
- We recommend this tour for children 14 years and above. However we do take children younger than 14 years on the tour if their parent/guardian feel they can manage through the duration of the experience.
- Children 4 years and above are to be included as regular guests in the group size. Children below 4 go free.
- We do offer children discounts for children between the ages of 4 and 8. This option will be provided while booking the tour online.
- Diaper changing facilities are not available on the tour.
We meet at Diva Gents Salon in Deira (not the Satwa branch!) It’s right outside Al Rigga Metro Exit #2, Al Rigga Road. Please be on time, we don’t wait for latecomers!
GPS link: https://goo.gl/maps/a4KruNcHPPCrJcih6
Given the heavy traffic, limited parking and different starting and ending locations, we strongly recommend that you take the metro rather than driving to the trail. If you plan to take a taxi, please budget extra time for traffic.
Nearby metro: Al Rigga.
Here’s What Past Guests on This Tour Are Saying
Yes, we’d love to serve you and any companions on a private tour! We need a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 12 to run this tour as a private experience. You may book out an existing date on our tour calendar as a private tour if no one else has already booked spots on it. Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred dates so we may schedule a private tour for you.
The main course on our Middle Eastern tour is non-vegetarian: fish/lamb. That said, we have had vegetarian guests join in the past and they have often walked away from the tour quite full and sated. While there are no vegetarian substitutes for the meat dishes, the falafels, dips and desserts are all vegetarian-friendly.
We recommend taking the Al Rigga metro to the tour meeting point. The metro may or may still be operational once the tour is complete, depending on the time.
If you plan to take a taxi, please budget extra time for traffic on the roads especially between 5PM and 7PM.
If you plan to drive, please know that streetside parking is available but sometimes challenging to find. Please also note that our starting point and ending point on this tour are about a 15 minute walk away from each other.
Absolutely not! Our walking food tours are immersive experiences that combine food tastings with history, culture and personal stories of the city.
Earphones with a 3.5mm jack for the portable audio system that helps you hear the guide clearly.
Please don’t carry anything too heavy as we will be walking. If you plan to purchase edible souvenirs during the tour, please make sure to carry cash (local AED currency) or your credit card.
Please be sure to let us know if you (or anyone in your group) have a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your tickets. In most cases, nuts, lactose and gluten may be in the foods featured on our experiences and there is a risk of cross-contamination. If you have a serious allergy, we recommend contacting us at email@example.com prior to purchasing tickets to enable us to advise you if our tours are suitable for you.
Yes, toilet facilities are available at most stops on this tour.
At this time, the tour is only offered in English.
The tours are very rarely cancelled due to bad weather. We will email you at least 4 hours prior to the tour should it not be advisable to walk outside due to a thunderstorm or sandstorm; please make sure to check your email if you are aware of bad weather. We also advise you to check weather conditions for your tour and dress appropriately and carry an umbrella if required.
Yes, advance ticket purchase is required through this website. Our experiences, typically, sell out quickly during the peak season (November to April). To maximize your chances of getting the date, time, and number of tickets you prefer, please book well in advance.
Gratuities are always appreciated but are not mandatory.
Please note that our tour routes and featured stops, including restaurants and other establishments, are subject to change. These changes can occur due to unforeseen circumstances such as lack of availability, closures or operational adjustments at any of our planned locations. In the event of such changes, our team will adapt the tour to offer a comparable experience. However, we do not offer refunds due to these alterations, as they are beyond our control. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, and are committed to ensuring you have a delightful and memorable experience with us.
Please click here for our complete list of terms and conditions.
Other Tours You May Like