Explore the cool waters of Dibba for the first ever farmed oysters of the region.
- This event will run once, on April 20, 2019.
- 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- The tour requires a minimum of 7 guests; we may cancel and refund tickets if the minimum is not met.
- Lunch will feature primarily shellfish and seafood and may contain Gluten / Nuts / Dairy / Lactose.
- Transportation to and around Dibba is included. Walking is minimal.
- Dress comfortably for a road trip, carry swimwear if you’d like to snorkel at the farm.
- Carry earphones for our audio guide system.
- The minimum age to join the tour is 14 years.
We’ll set off on a road trip to the UAE’s Eastern Coast for a guided tour of the Middle East’s first shellfish farm. While we can learn how oysters get their “manicure” onshore, we will need to take a quick boat ride and an optional dip (weather permitting) to witness how the oysters live underwater. Our adventure will end with a seafood feast set against a backdrop of stunning views of the sea.
- Meet the brains behind this inspiring pilot project to supply fresh oysters to some of the UAE’s leading restaurants.
- Celebrate the positive impact oysters have on their environment.
- Snorkel* at the Oyster farm to witness the colonies of oysters underwater.
- Soak in the dramatic landscape of Dibba.
- Enjoy a meal of locally caught fish and oysters.
After our ocean sojourn, we’ll visit the Fairmont Fujairah to savour a relaxed family style lunch featuring:
- Freshly Shucked Dibba Bay Oysters – Selection of mignonette, lemon and sriracha
- Oysters Ponzu – Dibba Bay Oysters, ponzu eggplant, cucumber, hazelnuts
- Sultan Ibrahim Ceviche – Sultan Ibrahim, yuzu ‘’tiger milk” squid ink-tapioca chips, passion fruit gel
- TCL Garden Salad – 20+ seasonal ingredients, olive oil “butter,’’ amaranth crisp
- TCL Paella – Aromatic rice cooked In lobster-saffron broth, mixed seafood, aioli
- Local Catch of the Day marinated with Charmoula Sauce – Lemon crème, mixed greens
- Spinach Fontina Gratin
- Garlic Fries
- Signature dessert platter
- Water and soft drinks
*Snorkelling gear will be available on the boat and is included in the ticket price, however, you may carry your own if you prefer.
We’ll meet behind Rashidiya metro station, opposite the KFC outlet, and take a private bus to Dibba.
Please be on time, we don’t wait for latecomers!
We recommend that you take the metro or a taxi to the trail start.
If you do choose to drive, please budget extra time for traffic and parking.
#Sufra refers to our program of limited edition experiences that go beyond our regular food tours. It includes food walks along new routes, taste battles to find the ‘Best of…” something delicious in the city, culinary road trips and more. Our team is constantly researching and collaborating with the broader food community, so that you can savour unique foods, cultures and communities nurtured in Dubai and the neighbouring Emirates.
Yes, we welcome all residents and visitors! Anyone can join by booking the listed #Sufra events on our calendar.
Yes! Some experiences do have a minimum or maximum group size limit. In most cases, we would be happy to adapt an existing #Sufra event for your private party or corporate team.
Here’s how, and if any one or more of these distinguishing features resonate with you, then you’re our perfect #Sufra guest:
- Stronger community focus – You’re eager to connect with other intellectually curious members of our community, over a common passion for food, culture and exploration.
- More dynamic and collaborative – You’d rather be involved in discussions moderated by a Sufra host, rather than being “guided on a tour;” you leave the event knowing that the dialogues you had within the group added richness to the experience.
- More fringe discoveries – You already know the not-so-secret “hidden gems” in the city; you’re looking to access those cultures, conversations and experiences that are rarely on the mainstream radar. They’re either reserved to a few cultural circles or are often discovered only by people with special insider access, e.g. journalists.
- Less structured, more fluid – You simply want to have a fun, not overly planned outing with like-minded people who love food!