Slurp your way across noodles and more in Dubai’s unofficial Chinatown—International City.
- Savour 4 noodle dishes from the lesser known regions of China.
- Meet a Chinese gastronome and noodle aficionado who hails from the hot and spicy Sichuan province.
- Decode the many geographical and cultural influences of Chinese cuisine.
- Sip on tea infusions and indulge your dessert cravings with a delicious sesame pudding.
“For the Love of Noodles” is back from the last #Sufra season by popular demand!
Grab your hungriest friends for a noodle exploration around International City. We’ll steer away from stereotypes of Chinese take-out and sample tastings from lesser-known regions. Experience the umami flavours of the East, the mellow notes of the Cantonese region, and the hot and spicy flavours of the Sichuan province across 4 delicious noodle dishes.
This tour is crafted in collaboration with Jing Lanh, a Dubai resident hailing from the Sichuan province.
We’ll meet in the parking lot behind Xie He Medical Centre, Building A-12, China Cluster, International City.
We recommend that you take a taxi or drive to the trail start since public transportation options are limited. Please budget extra time for traffic.
What is #Sufra?
#Sufra refers to our program of limited edition experiences that go beyond our regular food tours. It includes food walks along new routes, taste battles to find the ‘Best of…” something delicious in the city, culinary road trips and more. Our team is constantly researching and collaborating with the broader food community, so that you can savour unique foods, cultures and communities nurtured in Dubai and the neighbouring Emirates.
Can anyone join a #Sufra experience?
Yes, we welcome all residents and visitors! Anyone can join by booking the listed #Sufra events on our calendar.
Can I do a #Sufra experience as a private or corporate event?
Yes! Some experiences do have a minimum or maximum group size limit. In most cases, we would be happy to adapt an existing #Sufra event for your private party or corporate team.
How are #Sufra experiences different from our signature food walks?
Here’s how, and if any one or more of these distinguishing features resonate with you, then you’re our perfect #Sufra guest:
- Stronger community focus – You’re eager to connect with other intellectually curious members of our community, over a common passion for food, culture and exploration.
- More dynamic and collaborative – You’d rather be involved in discussions moderated by a Sufra host, rather than being “guided on a tour;” you leave the event knowing that the dialogues you had within the group added richness to the experience.
- More fringe discoveries – You already know the not-so-secret “hidden gems” in the city; you’re looking to access those cultures, conversations and experiences that are rarely on the mainstream radar. They’re either reserved to a few cultural circles or are often discovered only by people with special insider access, e.g. journalists.
- Less structured, more fluid – You simply want to have a fun, not overly planned outing with like-minded people who love food!