Break your fast with our favourite Ramadan comfort foods as well as some of our new delicious discoveries in Satwa.
- This event will run once, on May 21, 2019.
- 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- The tour requires a minimum of 6 guests; we may cancel and refund tickets if the minimum is not met.
- Tastings include Gluten/Lactose/Dairy/Nuts. Please notify us of severe allergies.
- Walking only; distance covered is ~2.5 km/1.6 mi with stops in between.
- Dress to walk – wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing, mindful of the holy month.
- Carry earphones for our audio guide system.
- The minimum age to join the tour is 14 years.
We are committed to curating Iftar experiences that showcase the humble, spiritual and communal aspects of Ramadan. It has been very important for us to share the stories and values of Ramadan, and it is the older neighbourhoods of Dubai that bring these elements to life.
- Meet us an hour before Iftar and witness the dedication that goes into preparing the daily, communal iftars offered to the residents of Satwa.
- We’ll taste soups, pastries and stews across different cultures (Nepal, Pakistan, Iran and countries across the Levant)
- Hear stories, traditions and childhood memories of Ramadan across our different cultures.
- Visit the Hakeem for a peek into the long-standing tradition of Iranian herb shops where items are used both in cooking and as medicine.
- Ask us any questions related to the practices of Ramadan!
We’ll meet outside Al Diyafah Shopping Center at Satwa Roundabout.
Please be on time, we don’t wait for latecomers!
We recommend that you take the metro or a taxi to the trail start.
If you do choose to drive, please budget extra time for traffic and parking.
What is #Sufra?
#Sufra refers to our program of limited edition experiences that go beyond our regular food tours. It includes food walks along new routes, taste battles to find the ‘Best of…” something delicious in the city, culinary road trips and more. Our team is constantly researching and collaborating with the broader food community, so that you can savour unique foods, cultures and communities nurtured in Dubai and the neighbouring Emirates.
Can anyone join a #Sufra experience?
Yes, we welcome all residents and visitors! Anyone can join by booking the listed #Sufra events on our calendar.
Can I do a #Sufra experience as a private or corporate event?
Yes! Some experiences do have a minimum or maximum group size limit. In most cases, we would be happy to adapt an existing #Sufra event for your private party or corporate team.
How are #Sufra experiences different from our signature food walks?
Here’s how, and if any one or more of these distinguishing features resonate with you, then you’re our perfect #Sufra guest:
- Stronger community focus – You’re eager to connect with other intellectually curious members of our community, over a common passion for food, culture and exploration.
- More dynamic and collaborative – You’d rather be involved in discussions moderated by a Sufra host, rather than being “guided on a tour;” you leave the event knowing that the dialogues you had within the group added richness to the experience.
- More fringe discoveries – You already know the not-so-secret “hidden gems” in the city; you’re looking to access those cultures, conversations and experiences that are rarely on the mainstream radar. They’re either reserved to a few cultural circles or are often discovered only by people with special insider access, e.g. journalists.
- Less structured, more fluid – You simply want to have a fun, not overly planned outing with like-minded people who love food!