Solve a deadly crime case around Dubai’s creek using our mobile app to guide you through a series of food tastings & cryptic puzzles!
This game is run in collaboration with Wander with Nada. It is designed to be played independently using your mobile device without the presence of a tour guide.
- Play solo, as a couple or as a group of friends.
- Choose any day to play that you prefer, and if you need to switch it around, we can do that for you!
- Bond with your fellow players through an exhilarating half day activity. On average groups take 4 hours to finish the game.
- Solve clues sent right to your mobile phone or tablet as you progress through the crime case. You have 3 tries to crack each clue before we help you out — but every wrong try leads to a points penalty. The more points, the more street cred you have as undercover agents.
- Follow a trail peppered with historic, cultural and culinary information that will give you a virtual tour of the city as you crack the case.
- Eat your way through Old Dubai in order to solve the clues!
- Vegetarians don’t fret! The game has vegetarian options at every food stop.
When to Play
- The game takes on average 4 hours to play.
- We recommend starting the game anytime between 9:30AM and 3:30PM (Sat-Thu) so you may enjoy dessert at the final stop (closes at 8PM). But if that’s not possible and you finish later, we’ve provided alternative dessert options that are a bit of a walk away.
- On Fridays, certain stops might be closed before 2:30PM. So we recommend starting the game after 2:30PM.
What You Need to Play
- Mobile device(s)/tablet(s).
- If you have booked to play as a group with multiple players, you will need to decide in advance if you will all collaborate on one team (with one device needed for everyone to play) or if you will play against each other on separate teams (one separate device per team.)
- Every mobile/tablet used as a playing device must be fully charged and with a working data connection.
- Power bank. If the phone/tablet used to play the game dies in the middle, you will not be able to join the game midway again.
- Game codes from your booking confirmation email.
- Scratch paper and pens to solve the clues.
- Local currency (AED) cash to pay for food and beverages ordered to play the game. Not all restaurants accept credit cards. The cost would be ~ AED 80.00 to 100/person.
- Wear comfy walking shoes/sandals.
- Be prepared for the sun! Sunscreen and hat recommended.
- Don’t carry any passports or valuables.
- Do not carry a heavy bag as you have to do a lot of walking.
Here’s What Past Guests on This Tour Are Saying
By the Grand Souk Information Center at the Spice Souk parking lot exit (near the intersection).
- GPS link: https://goo.gl/maps/ekJ62x7G9ZtXJ1xQ8
- You will not end at the same location, but the starting point can be accessed easily after the game is complete.
GETTING TO THE STARTING POINT
- Metro: Nearest to the meeting point is Al Ras metro station (green line). Nearest to the ending point is Sharaf DG (green line).
- If you plan to drive, the best place to park is in the paid multi-storey parking next to the Spice Souk and Gold Souk here: https://goo.gl/maps/mGCiP5BMudYUD6Kh8
- There is heavy traffic during peak commute times, especially 5PM and 7PM on weekdays. If your game starts during this time, please budget extra travel time accordingly.
- Please note that our starting point and ending point for this game are on different sides of the creek. If you park your car in the multi-storey parking mentioned above, you will be able to easily access it after the game by crossing the creek.